West Central School and Transition Services provides a school program of exploration and learning experiences designed to help students and their family make plans for transition into adult life:
• Enhancing conceptual understanding of the community, the world of work, leisure and social options, and opportunities for growing independence and self-determination skills;
• Instruction in skills that are needed for independence in adult life: personal care, communication, functional academics, social skills, self-determination, independent travel;
• Comprehensive array of activities designed to understand the unique interests of each student through Discovery process;
• Create individualized action plans leading to transition into adult life;
• Multiagency Planning (MAP) – coordination of all organizations that will contribute to the plan for adult services;
• Internships, trial placements, practicum experiences, part-time employment, and volunteer activities.